Sunday, May 2, 2010

Heros of the Blues REVISITED

This week I read over the House of the Blues for the second time. I find it somewhat random for someone like Robert Crum to work on a "comic" like this. After seeing him in the interview and reading some of his other work, I wouldn't expect him to do something that wasn't controversial. This is still one of my favorite comics from Crum. It is nice to see a change in presentation from time to time, since most comics usually live within a zine, book, newpaper, and now online. I think the question is, what makes this a comic anyways? Among all the other comics I've read, this is by far the furthest from the traditional comic strip. Maybe its not even considered a comic, but was available to read since it was artwork by Robert Crum? Either way, it was nice to read and look at something that wasn't like everything else. This time around, I played the artist's music in the background while looking at their photos. I felt that it brought more life to the illustrations and I could read into it more after hearing the music they played. This is an amazing piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment