Sunday, March 21, 2010

King

After Looking through "KING", I realized what a great masterpiece this book really is. Ho Che Anderson is truly one of the most talented illustrators I've seen in comics yet. Each spread was thoroughly thought out and every word and image seemed to be intentionally placed. I really enjoyed the style of imagery that was used throughout the book. Especially the use of color with the selected images and spreads. It would have been too crazy and complex if there was color on every page, and too boring if it was only black and white throughout the whole book. It was a good way to break up the pacing of the book. I know I am only talking about the way the images, color and type worked together and not so much about the story, and that is because it was my first reaction to the book when I saw it. Just blown away at how good it was. The story became secondary to me when I had to read to much on a spread. The times that there were very little use of type, I found myself reading it and it having a greater impact on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment